Friday, March 16, 2007

Dear Reader Letter

My name is Daniel Collins and I like long walks on the beach and candlelight dinners.Just Joking. On a serious note though, my name really is Daniel Collins and im 19 years old. I am currently enrolled at Everett Community College where i'm about to complete my very first quarter of college. Completing my first quater of school was so important to me because at the beginning of the quarter, I contemplated whether or not I should just work full-time or actually do something useful with my life and go back to school. With encouraging words from my family and friend's, I decided to go to college and im happy to say im liking it a lot. I was a nervouse wreck my first couple days of school. That was until I actually begin coming, due to partially to my English 97 course. At first, I was a bit intimidated by the whole Major Writing Assighnment and having to do work from Blackboard, but after figuring it all out, they just became ordinary piece of cake assighnments. The teacher, Mrs. Shen improved my writing knowledge from night to day. She refreshed me on my verbs, nouns, and conjunctions, things I was terrible at and turned me into a mean, green, writing machine. I hope that I can use my new found writing skills in hopefully going to Western Washington University and becoming a teacher.

As a child, I never considered myself to be a great writer in any way or form. I've always struggled in English a little bit, especially along the lines of verbs and subjects and all of that good stuff. I do, however, recall and still do love writing neat poems and cool stories about my favorite hobbies or sports. Theres nothing else I rather write about than sports. I'm a firm believer that a person always writes better about a certain something or someone when they are more interested or have more passion for that subject. That's why I feel and write so strong about my blogs. They are about sports, which is my third love only behind my mom and my girlfriend.

I hope you enjoy the pieces that I have selected to represent my writing skills in my e-portfolio. They consist of MWA#1 "It's Not Much But I Call it Home,"a descriptive paragraph that I wrote about my new house, my second MWA#2 "Just Another Day in The Office,” a descriptive narrative on the time I got stitches, a blog titled "Still in it," referring to UW basketball, a journal entry that we were allowed to write anything about called "My Girlfriend," and last but not least a piece called "Rollercoaster," another blog of mine about UW basketball. All of these pieces represent my writing skills in many ways. I also chose these pieces not for the grade that I recieved on them but for what they actually mean to me. I wouldn't of have written them if they didn't have some kind of symbolic meaning behind each one. I hope you guys enjoy my e-portfolio.

Yours Truly,

Dan

No comments: